Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fifty Shades

My take on the Fifty Shades.


Seriously, I never been so addicted to a book, as a matter of fact, IT IS JUST A BOOK. Who could have thought that I would be wide awake at 3 in the morning to read? K told me the other day that he had never seen the “conscientious” side of me for a very long time, and mocked that I should be this assiduous during my school days. Well, there was something exceptional about this book, you see, it was not like a Korean drama, where I could loll on the couch till 3am, ignoring my much needed doze. I recalled that I totally ignored the inflight entertainment system on the plane when I flew to Tokyo (7-hr flight) recently, indulged myself with the book, and nothing else.

To be fair, I haven’t expose myself to many fictional books yet (not much a bookworm huh), Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Sophie Kinsella, Cecile Ahern, Dan Brown, Candace Bushnell, and JK Rowling are some of the fiction authors that I liked and had read their books. I was so connected with books by Sophie Kinsella because I always imagined that I was Rebecca Bloomswood minus Luke. JK Rowling’s penmanship, in my opinion was undoubtedly the best of all, there was no difference when I read and watch Harry Potter, she was able to bring me to the scene of the story and I could imagine...

In terms of literacy, EL James pale in comparison with the other authors I mentioned above. She had limited vocabulary, phrases were reused several times throughout the three books that it could become increasingly annoying, but thank God, at least there was someone in the book that took all those attention, may I add, my breath away from me.

He was the one whom I was ensnared to.

He was Christian Grey.

His background, his good look, his sad childhood, his wealth, his temperamental, his power, his dominating nature, his talent including stalking talent, his compassionate, his fine tastes… fascinated me deeply. I was totally under his spell, and believe it or not, someone fictional. The many sides of him, the fifty shades of him, totally overwhelmed me, like he overwhelmed Ana.

I was succumbed to the Grey effect.

I defined myself as a simple reader. Sometimes, I just need a book to keep me occupied, and to make me look forward to one thing that I could do after work. This IS the book that could make me feel this way. I know, we all know, Grey does not exist in this imperfect world. But who doesn’t want a piece of Grey?

I certainly do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home