Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Money & Lizard??

Money can buy you anything, including the lives of living things.

Ok, I have to admit I am a dastard when it comes to lizards. If I see any one of them loitering on our wall at home, they better be dead in the next few minutes or so.

Well, killing these damned lizards used to be free of charge (in some way), cause my ex-maid catches them with her bare hands. She would rush to the damsel in distress whenever she heard a deafening scream in the house.

However, since the day she left us, and the damned lizards, I have been spending a couple hundreds of dollars to hire the new assassin, Mr Kevin to assuage my fear for these odd-looking, slimy and creepy creatures.

Unlike the maid, Kevin is chickened out by the idea of using bare hands, he has got his own equipment, i.e. our almost $4k vacuum cleaner. Just yesterday, while watching Barney on bed with Ziv, something caught my eye. I saw something dash past the wall really fast, instantly I knew it was lizard and nothing else, however, it was so fast that I couldn’t tell the size of it. “He must be here to revenge for his brother!" Kevin said casually. For the record, Kevin killed one yesterday in the same room for a hundred bucks. “Well, revenge is a dish best served cold, so get ready our cold air vacuum cleaner to satisfy the creature!” I ordered.

So out came the vacuum cleaner again and me, on bed, clinging on to Ziv while he continued watching Barney, not wanting to miss any part of it.

Kevin was no fool either, after half an hour of searching the lizard and at the verge of sucking the lizard into the cleaner, he asked for a new price, instead of a hundred, he asked for three. What can I say? “DO THE JOB!” I yelped! I am three hundred dollar poorer and one less lizard at home.

I have a good night sleep at 1am.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home