Friday, October 14, 2011

Damn the Cholesterol!

For the past one year, I am abashed to admit that I lead an extremely sedentary lifestyle.

First, I shifted office; the new office is relatively far off from True Yoga.
Second, my yoga buddy, C left me, and the company.
Lastly, I was promoted to head the Asia team and hence, took on more responsibilities, and I started having late night meetings at least twice a week.

For the several reasons above, I got bigger, literally in my seat.
Lunch time to me is a “waste of time”, on most occasions, I have doggy bag lunch and work at my desk.

And so when it was the time of the year for my medical checkup, I shuddered. I was eager to know my physical conditions, and yet, I was afraid to know the truth. Nevertheless, I went ahead with the most expensive package, that comprises extensive health assessments.

Results came back. As what the title suggested, everything was great, except for my cholesterol. It was borderline high.

Now, that it triggered an alarm in me.

I am determined to lower my cholesterol level to the acceptable range, and decided to steer myself back on the track to exercise, and careful diet. I abstained from my favorite food such as beef, and seafood despite to Kevin’s selfish objection. Well, I was also told that the cholesterol level was affected not just due to food intake, but also the lifestyle I led. For the past one year, I led an extremely stressful lifestyle, lack of rest, full of anxiety… Now, I decided to take everything lightly and take time to smell the roses.

So if you heard that I am not working, let me tell you, it is not an excuse to skive off.

I am just smelling the roses.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home