Thursday, July 28, 2011

Korea, Seoul - 22072011

My fun-filled Korea trip. Not because I did lots of shopping, but because, everywhere I turn my head, I can see my oppa!

Star Avenue, the less exciting one near to Lotte DFS. I vowed to go to the one located at Lotte World next year!

Nevertheless, I was enamored with his posters. Yes, they are merely posters.


A visit to O'sulloc tea house is almost de rigueur, a popular hangout place for Koreans. They seemed to be very into the coffee and tea drinking culture. Everywhere I walked there bound to be a cafe round the corner of the street.

Don't think that I am just a shopaholic. I also visited Gyeongbokgung Palace, Korea House, Namsangol Hanok Village and the National Museum too.










We had Korean traditional table d’hôte for lunch at the Korea House. I had abalone as my main, and Kevin had Ginseng chicken.



We also visited the local popular coffee joint, Coffee Bene. They are as big as Starbucks in Korea. And I love their honey bread toast. The one I had was the cheese and garlic. It was lip-smacking good!! And I managed to buy the Secret Garden comic books. Read it while I drank coffee.



The National Museum. Not a very big museum, as compared to the ones in Europe.


Gyeongbokgung Palace, and the guard exchange duty ceremony.





And we visited Gogung that is renowned for its Jeonju bibimbap. I love Korean pancakes. Everywhere I go, I bound to order one. Be it seafood, or kimchi, like the one in this picture.


Of course, I visited Myeong-dong, where my hotel was located, strategically opposite Lotte Departmental Store, and the shopping street opposite it. I also went to the Dongdaemun Market to experience the atmosphere of mid-night shopping.

The usual shopping spots -- Ewha Street, Namdaemun Market, Insadong, Gangnam and Itaewon.

Not forgetting the Seoul Tower, and the Teddy Bear Museum located at the Lobby. The shopping ain't that great, but I would say the shopping scene is so much more vibrant than our homeland. Tourists should just go to Korea for some 24-hour shopping and not Singapore. Its a shame that Singapore, a "shopping paradise" is not really a paradise for the shoppers, since most of the shops close at 10pm, except Mustafa. (And I wonder who needs to buy electronic goods at night?)

Whatever brand names that Singapore has, Korea has it too, however, what Korea has, Singapore might not have it.

One more thing, the shopping centers in Korea are at least 8 storeys, some even has up to 11 storeys of boutique, what about Singapore? The newest that we have at Ion, how many storeys?

I bought lots of cosmetic, skin care products, Hyun Bin stuff and also some branded goods.



I will be back again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home