Monday, February 20, 2012

What sort of people piss me off?

Those who do not respect others.

Not that I came up with a cure for AIDS that I deserved a great deal amount of respect from all, but, in general, to live together harmoniously, I vehemently believe in respecting one another. I met this mother from a kiddy birthday party last Saturday. She saw Kevin and approached him for a chat (they met before). Note that before she approached him, he was talking to me and Z.

This ill-mannered mother ignored Z and I totally, no eye-contact, no self-introduction, no acknowledgement, and totally ill-mannered. That twit completely pissed me off.
I could not fathom, was she from Mars, or her mother did not teach her basic courtesy, I repeat, BASIC courtesy. And I wondered how is she going to instill good manners in her rowdy kids. Since she did not respect me, I decided to talk to Z, cutting the conversation between her and Kevin, sort of to give her another chance to acknowledge Z and I. Somehow, it didn’t work on her, as it always worked on other human beings. Anyway, she scoot off shortly after.

Kevin told me that she is a housewife, and probably that explained her low emotional intelligence (below national average, I think). Not that I wanted criticize on housewives, but I have to say that sometimes they were so used to living in their own world that they forgot the existence of other human beings apart from their husbands and kids, maids not included. A full day of chores, nothing about themselves, but the family, it is inevitable that they forget to say “hi” to their dying-for-attention-neighbours. While, on the other hand, I have to applaud the courage of these housewives. They decided to give up their social lives for the sake of unloving husbands, and eventually unloving kids turned adults. I have full respect for them.

Perhaps I should ask myself if I am willing to give myself up totally for such huge scarification before I demand a “hello” from the friendly housewives.

In this context of housewives, I am referring to hardcore housewives, not tai-tais.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home