Monday, July 23, 2012

Pensée

Can life be any simpler?

Sometimes I wish for simplicity in life.

Like a tawpie. Those were the days where I earn just enough to apply for credit cards, be contented with just a car, live comfortably in a HDB apartment, beguiled the night after work with a good drama (in the arms of K), and nary a stressful lifestyle.

Those were the days...

Expectations grow as we aged, so does materialism. Mine just happened to explode, for all sorta reasons.

Stress at work was probably the catalyst -- a needed break is often inevitable after a project closure, a tiny item from Hermes is essential to perk me up after a busy day at work.

"Live life to the fullest" is always my motto for life. Being impromptu was my favorite act. I hate planning because one could plan for the next 5 years, but no one would know what is going to happen for the next 5 seconds.

Sometimes when we have tasted the finest vino, there is no way to compromise to just drinking water.

I could not imagine what's life is going to be like without a car, without a swimming pool just right below my house, no more penthouse living with a place to chill out, no more 3-4 times of vacation a year, stepping out of Hermes empty-handed, unable to enjoy the simplest meal at a restaurant... And the list goes on.

Though not excessively a Sardanapalian lifestyle (that I am leading) but still it is far from the simplicity that I used to enjoy.

I started to reflect when my agemate hubby was eagerly looking for a new place at district 11. And he was really seriously considering.

I don't know which direction I would be steered to in the sea. Perhaps, I just have to be thankful for everyday that I survive.

In a child's world, the most important thing to them is no longer a simple toy, it is an iPad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home