Saturday, February 28, 2009

Zooooooooo

Just before Ziv attended the childcare center, we brought him to the Zoo, together with our neighbour, Aunty Shemaine, Uncle Alvin and Cutie Trisha.

We intially planned for an early start, however, Ziv overslept and woke up at around 930am, hence leaving the house only at 10am.

Lucky for us, the sun wasn't so strong. We drove there and had an oily breakfast, KFC. Its strange that they don't serve breakfast menu over there at the Zoo. So it was crispy chickens in the 'early' morning. Who enjoyed the most? Ziv, of course, he just realised his newfound love, pop corn chicken, weeks ago and he is loving every bite of it. Well, not so finger-licking good for me though.

We made an entrance to the Zoo about 45 minutes later, and we saw this cute little explorer trolley that some of the people were seen dragging along with 2 kids on it. So we decided to get it for the 2 kids. Guess what? The rental fee for the plastic was $15! Bollocks! Utter bollocks! Well, in Japan, stroller-renting and note, branded stroller-renting is FOC and without deposit, and here we have to pay $15? Dream on?! I won't pay a single cent, even if that means I have to carry Ziv in my arms throughout the journey. It is not a matter of $15 or $5 or $50, but why is it that we have to pay such steep rental fee when we already paid a great deal amount on the entrance fee? A deposit will be good enough to make sure that the kiasu Singaporeans will not disappear with the explorer just like they disappear with the supermarket trolleys.

More grumbling, at the entrance, we were greeted by 'photograhpers' asking us to take pictures with NOTHING, just trees at the background. Evidently, some cheapo money-spinning tactic that absolutely pissed me off. My neighbour's wife was almost shouting, "No No No!!" She was even lamenting that at least they should make some effort in getting an Ah Meng or Ah Seng to take pictures with us, so perhaps we will fall for the trap volunteerily. True. I couldn't agree more.

Sorry to the Zoo, but I don't feel like a celebrity when the 'paparazzi' were asking me for pictures. Next, we walked near to the parrot area, and there were 2 young 'pleasant' looking ladies from the Zoo (of course) offered to take pictures for us FOC. Thinking what a rare chance that we can have something FOC, we, of course agreed without thinking that it might be a 'trap'. So yes, we were in for a trap, unknowingly. Before using our camera to take the pictures, they used their camera first and as you know, children's attention span is super short, and the best pictures taken from children will be the first few shots and yet they are using their camera to take the first few best shots and what was left was as good as NOTHING. Darn! (Don't blame me for being tetchy!) We were in for the trap once again, after a lesson learnt at the Night Safari.

So what did we do?

Pay and Forget.

Ok, better stop with the complaining else, this entry will look more like a complaint letter than a blog about our oh-so-fun trip to the Zoo.

Where shall I start?

Alright, apart from the 'paparazzi', we were greeted by some weird looking animal. I know it has a name, but I think they looked weird, but also in a way cute.





Up next, the White Tigers. Ahh... we all heard about how the White Tigers ripped a zoo keeper apart and seriously looking at the White Tigers, they looked like Coby. Maybe its a warm afternoon, all the animals seemed to either fainted or sleeping under the shades.

Talking about White Tigers, I eagerly wanted to take a picture with them and so, our photographer made a blunder. Where is the Tigers? Can you spot them?

Well, maybe the Zoo can try to tempt tourists to take a picture with the White Tigers. I may be one of those people paying for the picture to be taken.

Next, my favourite animal. Zebra. I love Zebra. They are picture perfect animals. Cause of their color, they looked good in every of the pictures, even with the most unprofessional photographer (ahem... Kevin), they still look great.


Nice isn't it?

Kangaroo, I wanted to comment about this, while I was in Perth, visiting the Zoo, I remembered that Kangaroo is HUGE and active. Over here, the Kangaroo looks like baby Kangaroo and they were all sleeping in broad daylight. Disappointed!


I don't see Tigers, I don't see Cheetah, I don't see Leopard. They all went on hiding. Its sad. I can't see those popular animals from the Zoo. :(

Of course, other than the animals, the most important people of all. The adorable kids. See how they bond. Even holding hands!



Ziv trying to look all cool and handsome with a gal around. Posing for the camera without checking if his galfriend is ready.
Lunch was fish and chip for me and sausage bread and fries for Kevin. Yet another oily meal.
I love the Zoo.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Evy Lim said...

Ziv is sooo sweeeet..... holding on to the hand of little gal =)

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home