Monday, March 5, 2012

You just know it...

Something happened earlier in the day that inspired me to blog about this, at 2.10am. There are some things or rather many things that are beyond your manipulation. Just like you know, the little one has all grown up. One day, he'll leave the nest to fly into a wider sky.

You know that your baby has grown up when he...
- demands you to leave the toilet and close the door when he is using it.
- frowns when he hears you (still) call him "baby".
- cleans himself up after his "big business".
- helps out with the housework.
- tells lies to cover up his shopping addicts.
- sleeps on his own, in his own bed.
- he doesn't miss you as much as you miss him.
- watches Transformer 1 & 2 alone on his iPad.
- tells you that Thomas The Train stories are for babies.
- has appointment with other family members during weekend that you are unaware of.
- manages to wake up earlier than you on everyday!
- says the most unbelievable words to cheer you up when you are down.
- feed himself, and insists that he needs no help.

I do, I do miss the period whereby he was just a crawling helpless baby. I do miss that picture perfect toothless smile that was captured in my mind. But, I also do look forward to the day whereby he holds my hand when I was too feeble the cross the road alone.

Humans like to contradict themselves.
And I am no exception. I am learning to accept that one day, Z does not need me any more, or find me bothersome when I poke my nose into his affairs.

How I wish time get frozen at this moment, where I can still retain my youth and my son still needs me.

💓 아들이, 사랑합니다. 영원히. 💓

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home