Saturday, February 26, 2005

MRT Trains again

I bet MRT trains are the best place to see one’s true colors. Not exactly TRUE COLORS… but perhaps a preview… Today, I take MRT to work. I am slightly late today and hence, the train is not too jam-packed. Just because I don’t know how to push and elbow like an auntie, I am left with no place to sit but to stand in one miserable corner and slowly doze of while standing (yes, standing, imagine how lethargic I am).

The stupid announcement after every stop, “PLEASE MIND THE GAP, DI DI DI DI DI” is damn irritating and how can passengers possibly catch forty winks on the train?! Ok, never mind about the irritating lady (who is making the announcement), after a few stops, one passenger alighted. Obviously the seat is empty. Standing in front of the seat are a row of females, working class females may I add. You know la, female tends to look at each others, then look at the seat, dying to take the seat but scare this scare that… so what happened is this guy standing afar (from another cabin!! *kidding*) dash and take the seat.

Someone should have film down his facial expression; he looks as if he has won the World War II!! He looks so contented that he has managed to grab an empty seat and there is so much kiasu-ness in his face. Little did he know that, he has made a fool out of himself and display the non-gentlemen spirit in front of all the passengers. I looked at him, shake my head and alighted. I guess he knows why I shake my head… I start to wonder, if Singaporean guys are really so ungentlemen? The above mentioned is only one of the few hundreds examples I have seen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home