Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our First Night Race

Kevin and I went to the race pretty early, around 4pm to catch some other racing highlights from Porsche, Aston Martin etc…

With the walkabout passes, we sauntered through the race circuits and around the Singapore Flyer. Went for some brief shopping at the nearby malls and bought some F1 merchandise. A baby Ferrari tshirt was priced at 90bucks. How audacious! Well, still, we bought a Maclaren Mercedes jersey for Ziv and a Ferrari tshirt for myself. Nothing for Kevin cause he is too picky, just like a woman.

A standing map...



I took the opportunity to stop around and take pictures. Usually we'll just walk past these places ignoring the city views.

Standing at the grand stand before the race...

Fast cars...

Though I have not been to any of the Grand Prix, but I can certainly feel the exhilaration and ecstasy of witnessing the historical event. The experience to watch a LIVE match is so much different from watching from home (which I did on Friday). Most of the time I was walking around the house doing my own stuff, briefly glanced at the TV and showed no particular interest. While standing tall, raising my heels (which I have to, else I will get blocked by those standing in front of me) by the side of the circuit, get brushed by clammy fellow spectators (and were forgiven, can you believe it?), yelling at the appearance of my Nico Rosberg (his vehicle) which invited stares from ignorant spectators (which I deemed they must be oblivious about my idol cause all they know are Massa, Hamiliton, Alanso and that’s ALL) and the deafening roar of engines are definitely PRICELESS, AWESOME!


I was on cloud nine when I learnt that Nico Rosberg, Williams Toyota was in the second place, cause I never expect him to win any trophy, given his pass records, nevertheless, it was a bitter day for the Ferraris, I would say.

Antique cars exhibition...


An accident happened right in front of me. A Taiwanese Porsche driver. I heard people yelling, "Yes Yes...". Kevin told me these people who came to the race expected to see some accidents. The guys were helping the driver to shift his car straight so that he could exit.






Entertainment before the race, during the practise sessions...


Awaiting for the race...




I couldn't take much pictures of the race cause the cars were too fast!! But one thing I am very sure. I will definitely buy tickets to F1 next year!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home