Wednesday, December 3, 2008

She

For the first time, that a terrorist attack that seemed so near.
The death of our first Singaporean who died in a terrorist incursion in Mumbai hotel shook the whole island.

It shook me.

My heart goes out to the families and friends of Hwei Yen.

The plaintive articles on the newspapers which I read everyday made me realized that life is so unpredictable and it is never one’s control and has no say in life as to when that you want to live. In the past, it was illness who took lives away (which I can deem as kismet) and now, the damn terrorists.

Just today, I read an email from the couple who facilitated us during our 3D2N Engage Encounter session, I learnt that Hwei Yen and her husband, Michael were in our team on the 363rd Engage Encounter.

Terrorists are cowards who took lives of unarmed civilians and still feel proud of it and it is pathetic that they are still regarded as heroes in their hometown. What kind of world is this?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home