Friday, October 17, 2008

Take a break, have a good sleep

Since last week I have been working like an unrelenting workaholic, no lunch, no dinner, no Ziv, no Kevin, no shopping thus, no life. All I have are piles and piles of documents to vet and approve.

This was due to a commissioning that was tied to a hefty payment milestone and we are talking about 7mil.

For the past few days, I only had 1.5 meals each day and they were all fast food like pizzas and MACs. And when I am hungry, I simply eat uncontrollably, 3 pizzas and 3 drumlets within 10 minutes and the list goes on. I drove like an obsolete F1 driver between home-office-client office-office no. 2-home.

At some days, I dragged myself home to find 2 pigs sleeping on the bed soundly which made me even guiltier of not spending enough time with them. And for about 3 days, Ziv slept and woke up without seeing Mummy and friends sent sms-es with no reply at all.

The tremendous stress comes from working from 830am till 4am in the morning and returning to work at 10am the next day and checking out the faces of our clients to see if our work is up to the mark.

What is left behind from all the hard work? I earned plaudits for my work from my boss and I am relieved that the client accepted our work and signed the acceptance.

Today my appreciative boss gives me a day off, and I totally transform into a privileged slugabed. Waiting for lunch to be served by Kevin.

Was glad that it was over, the next one will be on March next year, but in the meantime, other projects are waiting for my return... I don't want to even think about it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger rene said...

Wow! Good for you!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home