Saturday, July 25, 2009

23rd July 2009

No news is good news, however on 23rd July 2009, I have two news. And they are good news.

Firstly, I was offered a job (banking industry) and secondly, we sold our flat at 4k above valuation price, it took us about 2-3weeks to get an offer from a buyer and 1 week after we got our valuation report.

Both are good news to me, but I am not entirely happy. Not that I am disgruntled, hoping for more. In fact, I am thankful for every thing that happened and thank God for what has been given to me and my family.

I feel a tinge of sadness amid of the laughter and champagne popping. It’s true. I know I will be missing the house, missing my neighbours, missing my colleagues, missing my boss, missing just about everything and everyone.

So, the house first…

This year’s Christmas is going to be very different. I know it is early to mention about Christmas, but the thought of spending this festive season in an unknown venue other than my abode of about 5 years seemed, ineffable. It is a mixed feeling of both perplexed and forward-looking. To me, the first flat is just like first love. People usually left their first love and gain experiences in relationship as they move on, and first love is always the most unforgettable relationship. And for the case of housing, you know that you have to let it go in order to get the extra moolah for future investment. It is painful, very painful. After putting in so much effort in the renovation, months of design brainstorming, and the fact that it will soon no longer belong to us, makes me feel lugubrious. Well, I know, to get to another level of life, it has to start somewhere, and that was it.

I am not even sure if we managed to get an apartment just in time for us to stay; currently we are looking at nearby location near my in-law or either Novena. There are still lots of uncertainties and confusion at this point. But we are just hoping to get our dream house as soon as possible.

So the snapshots of our lives...








Now, about the job…

Interview has never been so difficult. Resignation has never been so easy. For this new job, I went for 3 face-to-face interviews, 2 tele-conferences from France and 1 test. And after 1.5months of ding-dong, I got the job. The offer? Better than expected, over-offered, gain of 26% annually and coming March will be bonus month. Phew.

Resignation was easy. I sms-ed my boss, R the day before my resignation so that he’ll be the first person to know about it. I venerate R loads, he was more than a mentor, a friend, just like my Grandpa. He knows what is best for me, and he supported me fully. He wasn’t concern about who-is-going-to-do-my-job, he asked me about my new position and if I was really happy. He offered to write me reference letter, he asked everything about my new job. I was touched. In my life, I have always been blessed with best-est boss. And that actually makes all the resignation kinda hard. Despite that this was the easiest throughout my working life it doesn’t mean it is less painful. That was struggle in me and from his sigh, I know R is unwilling to let me go, however, he knows leaving is good for me and has my best interest at his heart.

The road ahead is going to be full of ambivalence. I have been through that umpteenth times (and I really mean UMPTEETH times) as a matter of factly, this is the 7th job on my resume. I should be able to get through it.
BTW, this job may require me to travel to France occasionally, how about some shopping with the new fat stipend?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home