Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Women’s Network Luncheon

This post has got nothing to do about the aforementioned women’s network, but about the lunch at Forlino, Fullerton. How callow! Yeah, that’s me. Haha.

One of the most fulfilling weekday lunches I had for the longest time. And best of all, it is courtesy of the management. Initially I didn’t want to go for the luncheon, because I hate business lunch where I need to put on a fake façade, fake grin, and exhibit fake inquisitiveness.

It was the word, ‘Forlino’ that changed my mind.

Forlino has always been a very highly recommended fine dining restaurant in many food blogs as well as hungrygowhere and it live up to its name! Finally, the word, Forlino can be strike out from my mental to-go list. And yes, I will be back, absolutely.

We were led by a hostess through the concrete maze with extravagant wall designs of black, white and gold. We entered the private dining room and were greeted by a long black table with our name tags on the table to indicate our seat. Lucky or unlucky, I was seated next to the Executive Vice President - Chief Finance Officer who is also the chairperson of the Women’s Network. She did most of the talking and I gave occasional nods and the rest was pure indulgence.

What I ate…

Amuse Bouche with Homemade Warm Focaccia

Crab Salad with Wild Rucola, Sweet Pea Leaves and Cantaloupe

Pan Roasted Seabream Filet with Clams, Tomato and Caper Sauce

Forlino’s Classic Tiramisu

Who would says that the tiramisu is classic?

The tiramisu is worth mentioning because it tasted nothing like the conventional ones which are ‘do-able’ in our own kitchens. Unlike the normal and super classic tiramisu, this one doesn’t make you feel that you are putting on weight as you are eating it, the texture is light and refreshing. Those who did not eat it, got to at least try it once!

Service at Forlino was impeccable, the view is great and now I need my green tea.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home