Saturday, May 8, 2010

New Abode Renovation Journal Part 1

Few days ago, I took a day off to conduct defects rectification with the developer. I hate to kvetch consistently because at this point of time, defects rectification is not my priority. I will be having a huge tongue wagging battle with the architects over some design faults on the roof terrace coming Monday. Will leave that to a later post.

Anyway, we requested for the developer to replace tiles for us, the marbles tiles on the floor were of different shades and obviously they are from different batches. For that, Kevin cannot accept it. “Your negligence is not our problem,” was what he asserted (to the developer). We have been reasonably lenient with the rectification, but somehow, more defects surfaced after the rectification. What a headache!

Nevertheless, the developer promised to get everything replace and so that we can officially start our renovation this coming Monday.

To put it bluntly, the interior designer’s design ideas is rather insipid. I have high expectation because the company was awarded as one of the promising brands in Singapore. We are starting renovation on Monday and yet the sketches are not even confirmed! Oh well, I don’t like to rely on others, so most of the time I took over the 2B sketch pencil to cover his duty. I don’t mind doing that if he charges cheaper afterall, it is my house, so I should design it my way. Contradicting. Fine. I’ll do the job.

We plan to complete the renovation in 3 weeks to 1 month’s time so we have ample time to move in and leave our current sojourn between 15 to 18 June.

We have yet to buy lightings (another big headache) and I saw a wall mural which I really fancy, it has a hefty price tag of $800 and was from Thailand! Overprice for sure. I am trying to get a bargain from the boss.

Next up… the battle with the architects.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home