Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Running

I still recalled vividly how I ran and pant during my ASS Secondary 1 cross-country race, rubbing my skin against clammy perspiration on the other participants, the pungent BO around me, the scorching hot sun on top of my head making me 20% darker… I cursed throughout the running route and vowed that I WILL NEVER TAKE PART IN ANY RUNNING COMPETITION AGAIN!

True enough, I was bafflingly on MC for the rest my years in ASS as long as there was a running event. And I bore grudge on any other sports that are as rigorous as running.

Just when I thought that my detestation for running was carved in stone, I was called up upon by my gym kaki cum colleague to take part in the JP Morgan Chase, representing our company.
To end my work day early, I sold myself to the idea of running again.

Running 5.6km was no joke; it should be considered half marathon, as far as I know. I won’t mention my time because that will scare you people off, all I would say is, “I zipped along amazingly fast!” Haha.

Anyway, after the race, I got the urge to pick up running again (not as if I was previously into running, but for the fact that I took it out from a list of hobbies). I am still searching for a companion to run with me (half marathon) in the Shape run since I can’t do full marathon with my colleague. After that, I hope to train for Standard Chartered and Army Marathon later this year with Kevin.

I am so so so SPORTY.

BTW, here’s a picture of the running team before the race.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home