Thursday, January 4, 2007

My first dinner for the Year 2007

I have always believed in having sumptuous and lavish dinner on 1st Jan to kick-start the New Year. We therefore arranged a dinner celebration with Emily and Dylan.

It’s my first time dinning at Shangri La - The Line.

Tell you, the buffet spread was superb! I couldn’t care more about the alarming amount of calories or cholesterol I was putting into my mouth…

They have what we all expected; such as fresh lobsters, crabs, salmon sashimi, shark fin soups, sushi, tim sums, pastas, pizzas, meat and more meat… and the unexpected; local delicacies - laksa, wanton noodles, kway chap (can you believe it?), assorted roti prata, satays, candy floss, crepes, sorbets etc…

Irregardless of whether they are the expected or the unexpected, I devoured them all especially the seafood, but of course I am not so dimwitted to eat local delicacies, can eat them anytime during lunch, duh!!

We drowned ourselves in the goodness of food for 3 hours… but don’t get me wrong, only one of us was eating. I called myself, Kevin and Emily the ‘fast and furious’ eaters while Dylan is the ‘slow and steady’ eater. I should work towards that direction in future.

Anyway, Kevin mentioned something very realistic; the price we paid for the buffet reflects the type of people that we will see in the restaurant. True enough, no kiasu aunties, no yelling babies, no uncles with shorts and hairy legs, no sign and sounds of flip flops, no children playing with cutleries or their favorite hide ‘n seek, no diners trying to juggle plates with a mountain of food, etc...

We had an extravagant and ‘peaceful’ dinner at The Line. Until now, I still miss the fresh crab claws and lobsters… awe…. I will be back!



1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

You and Kev are the funniest couple I've known. Great company, good food and looking out for more! Kudos to the both of you! :)

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home