Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas means BUSY to me

On the 23rd, my poly friends and Emily & Dylan gathered at my house for a simple celebration and gift exchanged. We gave a theme to the party, ‘Japanese Feast’. Every food that we prepared or bought is related to Japan. Nice, isn’t it. So we have Japanese curry and rice (cooked by Kevin), sushi platter (by Aihuey), fried Japanese vege, tako balls, meatballs, Japanese omelets, eel (by Emily), yakitori chicken and seaweed chicken (by Peilin) and potato salad and ice-cream (by Cindy).

I have to compliment Kevin. He helped me to prepare all the necessary items for the dinner, cooked the curry and he tidied the house while I went to Bugis to shop. I have to admit, he is the Best Hubby for Year 2006.

My exchanged gift? I got a container (which I have no idea what that is for?), a receiver and a Happy Feet water dispenser. Knowing that I am VAIN, Emily bought me some nail stuff and a mirror. Kevin got a retro lamp from Dylan. The retro lamp really blends in with our retro theme.

I didn’t sleep through 23rd to 24th. Didn’t even have a wink! After the party ended at my house, I went to East Coast chalet to meet the MJ prince et al. We went bowling and end up playing 2 rounds of mahjong until day break, around 7am! Everyone looked like zombie. I wonder why we have to torture ourselves like that. Anyway, I won money.

We drove through MAC to get some breakfast and ate it on our way home to keep Kevin awake during our drive home. He told me he did not know how he drove home or which route he took. Hahaha… that was the typical outcome of intensive MJ sessions.

Managed to sleep until 430pm on the 24th, and we went over to MJ prince’s house for a Christmas dinner. We had home-cooked pasta (tomato and alfredo). Yummy. I love pasta. And we have gift exchanged too. I received some accessories, a bottle of wine and Escada miniature perfume set. We left for church at 1030pm and the mass ended at around 130am. It was a long one, plus all the traffic jam etc…

Mahjong was actually on the agenda after church, but both of us were like half asleep, so we didn’t intend to play MJ with the rest. Finally, we had an early night. Yes, 2am is considered early for us.

On the 25th, we went taka for a last-min presents hunting. Bought 3 presents for our friends. Kevin bought a helicopter remote toy for himself and from then on, I never see the helicopter away from his hands. He just cannot stop playing it and I wonder what so fun about remote helicopter. During evening, we had dinner with my in-laws, a 9 course dinner at Fatty Weng restaurant. The food is not really nice, and it seemed that their business is doing well.

Finally the day ended with us sitting on our sofa, watching TV show. And we decided to go to bed at around 12 midnight.

This Christmas is more happening than the previous one. And I have got to know new friends, who are my neighbour. They are a nice couple; she even gave us Christmas present on the 24th. Me and Kevin were like, ‘Shit! What shall we give them in return?” After much digging on the past presents and brainstorming, we found a red wine. Although it might not be ideal for the present situation (cos the wife is pregnant), but I do hope the friendly gestures will bring us closer.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

there's also the make-up pouch to replace that 'dirty-&-old' one you had. (I know it cause I was carrying it for you during your wedding) :p

Glad you like the presents! ;)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Shalyn said...

hi cel aka leslie can write a post about coby? cos his sooooooo cuteeeeee =)

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home