Monday, November 27, 2006

Its Over!!

It’s finally over.

Until today, there’s an unexplainable fatigue in me.

I don’t feel like getting back to work.
I don’t feel like doing housework.
I don’t feel like sending my gowns to dry cleaning.
I don’t feel like removing my acrylic nails.
I don’t even feel like playing mahjong. (which is really rare...)

Blame it on the strenuous traditional customary marriage ceremony and the wedding banquet held on the 18th and 20th November respectively.

Before the wedding…

Seriously speaking, I don’t feel a tinge of anticipation and enthusiasm. Even if I am thrilled, bet that’s because I can get a few days leave to take a break, rejuvenate. I don’t know why, definitely not because I am unhappy, not because I have every thing well-planned, not because I have been through it before *tsk tsk…* I just don’t understand myself enough to deduce why the lack of excitement in me for a supposedly ‘special day’.

My tea ceremony on the 18th

I slept very early on the previous night, because I was tired and I woke up at 730am the next day. My mum had to drag me out of bed because the videographer had arrived. The first thing I think of was, ‘Where is Coby?’ Then I realized that I was sleeping over at my parent’s place not my own house. A different feeling. Very different. That was the room which I used to sleep, but somehow, now, it was just a bedroom to me. No special feelings. Since when I become so feeling-less?

Ok, makeup artist came and go… blah blah gate crashing… take pictures… eat… church… eat… eat… eat… the whole ordeal event ended at around 4pm. And I told Kevin that I needed to go home and rest.

Didn’t even bother to take picture on my own camera on that day. Had assigned the important task to my trusted photographer, YK. Here’s a picture taken by my ‘sister’. Trying to pull off a smile, but failed. Anyway, I look awefully pale.


My wedding banquet at Marriott on the 20th

This one is much interesting to me and Kevin. Cause we put quite a bit of effort to make sure that the guests enjoyed the entire night. That included getting a trio band, bought roses for the ladies, special arrangement with banquet manager on the lighting and of course the most important thing of the night… FOOD.

I requested for a less oily dinner… better grade food like scallops, abalones, prawns and nice desserts to complete the dinner. I mean the guests were here for the night (imagine it is a wkday and a blue Monday), it is only right to pamper my guests with scrumptious dinner.

The wedding banquet was interesting because I got to see friends whom we have not seen for a year or so. It was like a mini gathering. I enjoyed myself very much. Although the running up and down to prepare for march-in was a pain and terribly troublesome.

Evidently, I looked more awake and lively during the banquet...




Anyway, we slept quite late that day, not because we were counting our ang baos but we were eating the food which the banquet manager had managed to heat up and serve it to us at our suite.

Somethings special to mention, a nice colleague of mine sent me a wedding present even though I didn't invite him to my banquet. It's heart-warming to receive a gift which you can really feel is full of sincerity and kind regards. I sms-ed him after midnight to express my appreciation. Such a pleasant surprise, I would say.

Another colleague of mine, HL, he too, send me a lovely card filled with heart-warming wishes, words of encouragement and God’s words. It's a pity that he could not attend my wedding.

The next day…

Luckily I was a Marriott club member, so I enjoyed the privilege of late checkout. After a heavy lunch buffet, we selected our wedding cake (black forest cake) and we headed off to the checkout counter. Charlene, our wedding coordinator, came to greet us and send us off to our car.

Stepping out of Marriott, I feel relieved and lighter.
I tell myself, its finally over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home