Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Household Chores


Maid. I need a maid.

Clean and dirty clothes are piling up.
Floors are sticky.
Cupboards are dusty.
Stoves are stained.


Welcome to my house.

It’s a pain to know that there are tons of household chores waiting to be done, and yet, I am sitting here, typing my blog. I feel quite guilty now.

I choose to turn a blind eye. Or rather blind eyes and of course turn a deaf ear to all the nagging by Kevin. Damn… he’s a marathon nagger, second place after my mum. Didn’t know that I escaped from one ‘trap’ and plunged into a ‘deeper, darker trap’. Entrapment…

What makes things worse? My friends are coming to my house for a gathering this weekend!! How am I supposed to clean my house within these few days to welcome them with open arms and ‘open bedroom doors’?

You must be wondering, what I mean by ‘open bedroom doors’?

Hahaha… People like me, super, duper sluggish (at least I admit, ok!) will often think of shortcuts to deal with ‘cleaning and tidying issues”. I don’t understand why friends like to come to my house for mahjong, watch dvd, chit chat, dinner since I often confine their movement within the living area. The rest of the areas are of course restricted area, a.k.a, dumping area.

TheAppleOfHisEye’s Dictionary;
---------------------------------
Dumping area [noun]
1. dumping areas [plural]

2. to dump clothes, bags, luggage (half unpack 6 mths ago), newspapers, magazines
3. doors of dumping areas should usually remained shut (sometimes locked) when guests are around.
4. to portray an impression to guests that the house is spick and span and owner is a neat person.
------------------------------------


Having said, I decided to create a hate list.

Top 5 household chores that I abhor*gritting my teeth as I type*

1. Hang clothes

Have to organise what to hang, what to fold, what to keep in drawer. *roll eyes* Sometimes I wish I can wear uniform to work, so I don’t have to crack my head in the morning and search through piles and piles of clothes to find a top. After finding, still need to iron. Aye…. Morning is already so sucky and yet I still have to do ‘adhoc housework’.

2. Organise my magazines and story books

Monthly magazine subscriptions are terrible. They just get into you mailbox, when you least expect it to come. I realised that I have a pile of subscribed magazines still wrapped nicely in clear plastic sheets. When do I have the time to read them? Where can I find space to store them? Thinking of storing them is a pain!


3. Changing Quilt cover and Mattress

The mattress (king size) is 3 times my size and I have to handle it alone. Can you imagine that?!

4. Mopping the floor

115 sqm and one person cleaning it, plus a dog disturbing me when I start taking out the mop. Where shall I start? *scratch head*

5. Clean Coby’s shit and urine

Ok, I don’t really dislike cleaning his shit and urine because, I don’t usually do that… hahaha… Now, here’s a trick to share, I usually act blur when I see him shitting in the toilet. Walk away as far as possible and yell from the room for Kevin, “I smell shit! You are nearer, go clear it!” [This tactic always works for me. Strongly recommended if you have a dog @ home!]

Obviously, the 5 chores encompass the basic household chores that a house owner should do. So conclusion? I need to get a part time maid.



Before I can end my blog, someone is already nagging me to hang the washed clothes! Life is so miserable! Housewives should be given a 12-mth bonus excluse AWS. [shld at least more than NKF's Durian]

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger I, Cactus said...

hey Cel, i hate household chores too! Can't imagine being a full-time housewife.

My 5 top hate lists:
1) cleaning windows (i banish this task to once a year)
2) ironing clothes
3) changing bedsheets, pillow cases, etc
4) vacumning and mopping the floor
5) folding clothes

So i've got myself a weekend maid :-)

11:06 AM  
Blogger KooshKing said...

Hey, you didn't have time for housework but had time to upgrade to Blogger Beta! Great job!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Cel said...

who...? who? who is using blogger beta...

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home