Friday, May 25, 2007

Farewell lunches.... again!!!

These few days I noticed that my office is like a ‘Ghost Town’. Lots of empty seats (also means not much people in the office), low humming aircon noise seems to be louder than usual, thunderous ringing tones from the telephones often wake me up from my day dreams (opps), lifeless and expressionless colleagues (a.k.a walking zombies) slouched in their seats, waiting for time to past. In short, the office is LIFELESS, RESTLESS and MOTIONLESS. To some, coming to office may be MEANINGLESS.

(Don’t mention the few of them who are had tender resignations, they seem so radiant, every day).

I wonder is it ‘herd instinct’ that the resignation rate here multiplied over the past few months. Okay, maybe I exaggerated, but, I have been attending farewell lunches since March or April (?).

Can’t help but thinking, who will attend my farewell lunch if my lunch kakis leave this place earlier than I do? Kekeke….

I even wonder will I still see the familiar faces when I am back from maternity break. Who knows what will happen within the 2-3 mths, all of them may just tender their resignations before I come back. That’s depressing, so I don’t want to think about it.

In a working environment, interpersonal relationship is vital. To have someone close to you tender resignation is like losing a friend whom you will see everyday. Cause, we may not see this colleague after his/her depart. It is a challenge to remain in close contact with them especially majority of us are married, meeting up is like the toughest arrangement.


That's why back at Red Umbrella, we often planned our last day as close to each other as possible, so none of us will feel lonely when any of us is not around.

It’s sad to see colleagues go, not because they have committed ‘career suicidal’ (not that here offers good prospect), but it is more like losing a friend whom you can go break with, share gossips, commit audacious lunch crimes etc…


Nonetheless, I still wish those colleagues who had left the company or have the intention to leave the company good endeavor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shalyn said...

why u don't make a tagboard.. easier to tag.. anyway good luck giving birth to ziv. wish that ziv will kick ur stomach more often muahahaahahaha

6:56 PM  
Blogger I, Cactus said...

gal, it's the same scary thot for all pregnant mothers who are abt to give birth. All of us will be wondering if we know anyone when we come back...even worse, any job/cubicle when we come back?

But then, heck ah...concentrate on bb and ur holiday trip ;p

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home