Monday, February 11, 2008

Before and After CNY

I love Chinese New Year. Since, that is the only time where family members, relatives and friends gather to feast on hearty array of delectable goodies without a tinge of guilt. Kevin always grumbled about being worn out due to home-visits (especially with Ziv around this time), nolens volens, he still chauffeured us (and my family members) around.

This year is a special year for us, because we no longer run a deficit!! We have a new source of 'income' from Ziv. This little rascal creates havoc wherever he goes, even at the restaurant. The waitresses were carrying him around, cooing him. He is like a STAR. All eyes were on him during visiting and I can see that he is slowly enjoying the attention.

Of course, Ziv is still too young to understand what Chinese New Year is, but he has this strange liking to ang bao especially those emblazoned with golden words or pictures. He refuses to let me keep his ang baos and hold them tightly, with the no-one-can-take-it-away-from-me look. I guess to Ziv, Chinese New Year is about new raiment, ang baos, parties, seeing Mummy and Daddy everyday and stay awake till late.

After 5 days of break, comes Monday and also the first day of work after the long break. Even the rational Kevin needs to be drag out of bed to face the ‘cruel’ reality this morning.

Ziv is more fortunate. He just have to lie on our bed, drink his water and see us running around the house, getting ready for work.

Oh, so happened that my birthday falls on the first day of CNY this year. Kevin got me a cake and I blew out the candle with him and Ziv on the eve of CNY. I am a year older but definitely smarter and gaining more experience in taking care of Ziv.

Over the past 5 days, I gobbled up half of the 1kg cake. It’s diet time, I guess.

Happy Birthday to myself and Happy Lunar New Year to all.

Never too late to wish everyone, since CNY lasted for 15days.

5 Comments:

Blogger cher_adelezz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:32 PM  
Blogger rene said...

that looks like a very yummy cake! Happy Belated Birthday!

3:12 AM  
Blogger Cel said...

yes it is indeed yummy and the chocolate is v rich!
thanks! :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Evy Lim said...

Happy Belated Birthday
Sorry missed the date to wish ya

1:38 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Happy belated Birthday! Hope you enjoy the photo shoots this week! ;)

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home