Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Luxurious bags price hike, sting or stipulation?

I heard outcry of many. Hues and cries of those who did not manage to seize the last Chanel bag that bears the former (aka easier on the pocket) price tag in the Paris boutique.
As for whether it is a sting or stipulation? I vote for stipulation. And that is based on my selfish reasons.

Here’s why?

I kept thinking to myself, how wonderful is it to have a Chanel bag on my shoulder and with no one carrying the exact same bag as me when I walk from Wisma to Takashimaya? Fat hope!

It dawn on me that for the past few years, even Pierre, Paul ou Jacques can own a Chanel bag, of course not taking into consideration if the ones they are lugging are the real McCoy. On several occasions, I noticed that there were queues outside the Chanel boutique at Takashimaya, and mind you, they are not subtle queues. So, does that signify that Chanel begins to lose its exclusivity and that the brand eventually degrades itself just like Louis Vuitton or Gucci? I seriously hope the day will not come, but think, wouldn’t you want your bag to be exclusive when you spent $5k and above for it?

As for me, I tell myself that I will not (note that I did not say ‘never’ because ‘never say never’) buy another Chanel bag anymore, because they are way too ordinary. If I need a bag now, I would rather buy a Mulberry or Chloe because they are still tastefully unique at this point of time.

In fact, I was proud of myself that I did not buy any bag (did I miss out any purchase? I don’t think so...) this year despite having a quota of two bags per year.
I am looking forward to a Kelly next year. I am hopeful.

With all due respect to Louis Vuitton or Guicci fans, the above article is based on my personal views. I know some people may feel like kicking me for this article or even plan to assassinate me, call me callow if you want. And yes, some of you may argued that I can go for the limited edition Chanel that cost about $60k and be different from the rest, but ask yourself, is it worth it or not? You don’t need to buy super duper expensive branded bags to stand out from the rest or be different; a coveted Mulberry will just do a clean job for you.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home