Monday, December 20, 2010

DB Bistro Moderne

Weeks ago, I had the privilege to attend the pre-opening dinner at DB Bistro Moderne by Chef Daniel Boulud located at the Marina Bay Sands. And, I must say that we had such an impeccable dining experience. For appetizer, I reveled in the ambrosial foie gras prepared in two different methods.

Complimentary from the Chef: Deep fried risotto balls. Apart from sounded interesting, they tasted delectable too!


Pardon me for the lousy pictures, because I took them using my hopeless camera. Seriously, the pictures don't do justice to the food. I regretted not bringing my DSLR.

I had lamb cous cous for my main:


Kevin had the signature DB burger:


MIL ordered steak (poor picture angle, I know, but I was famished):


PIL ordered the healthy organic chicken:


Desserts were sorbet of different flavours and warm chocolate cake. No pictures for desserts because I was busy attending to Ziv. That's him again, making funny faces in front of the camera. He likes to do that these days.


Back to DB, the interior was stylishly designed, the setting of the restaurant is very different from the local restaurants, and the interior makes me feel like I am in the Big Apple, posh and upclass. I especially love the red colour booth seats, those are perfect for gathering so that friends can sit closely together.

The staffs were friendly and had good memories. One of the staffs even played with Ziv, after all, I felt that fine dining should not be dead serious or formal. Staff that are amicable and chatty makes the entire dining atmosphere even more delightful. The hosts were well-dressed and it was not often that we get to have hosts and hostesses (full time hostess, not half waitress, half hostess) in fine dining restaurants (think, Jann, LightHouse, il Lido).

Undeniably, there is a plethora of fine dining restaurants in Singapore; however, it is not common that we can dine in the restaurant of a famous chef from France and whose Manhattan restaurant is considered one of the ten best in the world!! Essentially, Chef Daniel’s restaurant, DANIEL, located at the New York City is a three Michelin star Relais & Chateaux member!

The dinner was on the house (except wine), and I am certain that I will be back again, can't wait.

DB Bistro Moderne officially opened last Saturday. Do give it a try! Highly recommended.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home