Monday, October 9, 2006

Friends

A recent gathering @ Conrad Hotel

Its been so long since I last went out with my poly friends, especially Roger. "Graduation" the song by Vitamin C still plays in my mind sporadically. I started to hum...

Graduation (Friends Forever)
So we talked all night about the rest of our lives
where we’re gonna be when we turn 25
I keep on thinking times will never change
keep on thinking things will always be the same
but when we leave this year we won’t be coming back
no more hanging out cause we’re on a different track
and if you got something that you need to say
you better say it right now
cause you don’t have another day
cause we’re moving on and we can’t slow down
these memories are playing like a without sound
I keep thinking of that night in June
didn’t know much of love nut it came too soon
and there was me and you and when we got real blue
we’d stay at home talking on the telephone
we’d get so excited and we’d get so scared
laughing at ourselves thinking life’s not fair
CHORUS: and this is how it feels…
as we go on, we remember
all the times we, had together
and as our lives change
come whatever
we will still be friends forever
so if we get the big jobs and we make the big money
when we look back at now will our jokes still be funny?
will we still remember everything we learned in school
still be trying to break every single rule?
will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
will heather find a job that won’t interfere with her tan?
I keep- I keep thinking that it’s not goodbye
keep on thinking it’s our time to fly
will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
can we survive it out there
an we make it somehow?
I guess I thought this would never end
and suddenly it’s like we’re women and men
will the past be a shadow that will follow us around
will these memories fade when I leave this town?
I keep- keep thinking that it’s not goodbye
keep on thinking it’s our time to fly

All of a sudden, I feel like writing about friends.

At different stage of our lives, we meet different friends, different faces and laughters to jazz up our lives. I have fade memories about my primary school friends, but I do remember vivdly who were my entourage back then during secondary school days. We were dare-devils. Rebellious. I recalled, those were the best days in our lives, where we don't have to worry about money, about not being accepted in the society, and so on...

Then, after Os, we split, getting on different tracks. Then, poly friends comes along. Poly friends are more matured. They are the ones who taught me about lives, and why I should work hard to get the Dist.... they are the ones who motivated me.

Then, followed by my uni friends... colleagues...

I don't know what to write about friends, there are too much to write, about how friends pick me up when I am down, know what I want when I just give a stare, curse and swear at heartless guys, share tears of sadness, share the excitement of every happy moments...

Friendships are indeed the most important thing in life next to kinship.

To all my friends (whom I still keep in contact and those who drifted apart), thanks for playing a role in every stage of my life, you may not be the lead actor or actress in my show, but I can say that you are the best supporting actors and actresses. Cheers!

Here's a gathering pic took recently. I wonder why the rest couldn't be bothered to attend the gathering.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cel said...

Bring the memories back on, Star, go through the memory lane once more. You'll love it.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Shalyn said...

cel, are u the one in the middle? and cel..pls guess who i am??

3:31 PM  
Blogger Shalyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home