Saturday, February 16, 2008

What is LOVE?

To me, love is to give unconditionally, without reservations, without fear.

As expected, Ziv has fever after the vaccine. And as expected, I am the only one in this household, who will forsake my sleeping time to take his temperature for every 1 hour, sometimes every half an hour and prepare medicine for him. Why? I am a MOTHER.

It is 5:15am now, I have no idea why I am still very alert, in fact, and I don’t feel tired at all. I think ‘motherly love’ works like adrenaline that keeps one’s mind active.

Right now, his temperature has gone down to the normal level, i.e 36.7 deg but still, I decided to continue monitoring until 10am when my MIL will pop over to take care of Ziv (usually she will appear 2 hours later than the given time… what to do?). I have no choice but to request Kevin to ‘activate’ MIL cause I am pretty sure Ziv’s fever will subside by morning and it would be easier for the inexperienced MIL to take over while I take a short nap.

I once read an email, it says something like this, “I never know I can love someone so much that the love exceeds everything else’s.” Before I am a mother, I under-estimated the power of love that a mother can give to her children. Now, being one myself, I know the love is boundless.

Love makes me stay awake from nightfall to daybreak just to monitor Ziv’s temperature, changes diapers, prepares medicine, prepares cold water to put on his head and sponges his body…

To understand your parents’ love, you must raise children yourself.

Suddenly the image of my mother came to mind, just like me, she would always stay awake throughout the entire night whenever my brother and I had fever. Only being a mother now, makes me appreciate, how much my mother care for me, and I regretted how I make her worry and angry throughout my juvenile years. I know she will never read this, but I still want to tell her, I Love Her.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger I, Cactus said...

gal, this is natural mother instinct. Just like until now, i can have very deep sleep and yet my ears are sensitive to any sound that my kids made.

sigh! mothers...

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home