Thursday, July 31, 2008

Driving Me Crazy!

I vehermently believes that driving makes one loses his/her patient. I am one typical example.
Usually when Kevin is taking the wheel, I will upbraid him with remarks such as, "Can't you wait?", "Is there a need to drive that fast?", "Why are you filtering at the last minute?". I was utterly wrong.

If someone who is sitting beside me, he/she will certainly be passing those comments too. I understand how a driver thinks now.

Being irascible and losing cool over other drivers is like every other day incident. The number of cursing and swearing per day multiply day by day while the patience for probation drivers gradually ebbed away.

Being a member of the widely disdained female driver myself, I do fathom why the men think that way. I believed it is partly due to that female drivers drive in a shilly-shally manner.

For example, the other day, I was driving towards the traffic light when it just turned amber, the Jazz in front of me almost drove through the pedastrian crossing, however, stopped on the pedestrain crossing abruptly. I nearly knocked onto her car cause she hesitated on dashing past the traffic light when it just turned amber and while her car was already over the first stop line i.e want to dash but dare not dash. My intention was to dash through the amber traffic light after her, and FAST. If she had given the indication that she had no intention of beating the red light, then I would have stop behind her. Kevin said obviously it would be my fault if I crashed onto her car, and I absolutely agreed, however, I think being hesitant while driving will in fact cause more accidents on the road.

Next, so what happened when 2 impatient drivers meet each other?

Last week I was driving Kevin's car, I have to specified its Kevin's car cause, my car is under-power and very often people treat me like a doormat that they simply cut my lane dangerous knowing that my car has no power to drive faster than 100km/h.

So, while driving on the straight road, this Wish, can't wait for me to drive pass and U turn right under my nose. Impatient as I can be? I sounded the horn over and over again even after I drove pass him. And I slow down in front of him and sounded the horn again at him. Cause I realised something about drivers, they hate to be horned consistently, as in on-off horn for long period of time and I enjoyed doing that to irritate people. I think these impatient morons deserve that.

If there is ever terrorist on the road, that will definitely be none other than our friendly taxi drivers. Stop as and when they think that there are potential customers on the road side, be it, these people standing by the road are digging their noses, or tidying their hair. Any actions involved using hands, will translate to "I am flagging for cab." Drive fast behind them at your own risk.


Road Hogger are road hazzard. Every morning I have to "downgrade" myself to drive within the 3rd lane to wait for the 8.55am ERP cause the difference with driving through the ERP before 8.55am and after is $2.50. Little as it seemed, take $2.50 multiply by 20 days, you will see
the difference. Unfortunately, my clock seems faster and sometimes slowly and hence the prediction is never accurate, on many occasions, I passed through the money-sucking gantry at 8.54am and there's nothing I can do but to curse at the inventor and implementor. However, one day, a Malay driver, did what I thought was ultimate. He stopped right in front of the gantry at the 8.54am and waited for the money-sucking machine to turn 8.55am. How brillant?! And at one time, I thought, how i wish I am behind him, how i wish that he is obstructing my way of traffic that I can pretend that I can't filter out and then 'stuck' behind him. Unfortunately, I was at the other lane.

Driving everyday makes me learn alot of things.

1. Never trust the driver infront, behind, beside you. Trust yourself.

2. Don't mess with female drivers unless you want to send your car to the garage.

3. Steer clear from taxi drivers. They are like time-bomb, explode on you anytime and unexpectedly.

4. Avoid sports cars, fake sports cars (no power but heavily modified), at all means. They hallucinated that they are in the F1 racing track and they cut lanes like they are rushing to meet the death god. Their engine are sometimes deafening.

5. Avoid P Plates. Half of the time, I believe they don't know what they want.

6. Want to irritate the moron on the road? Sound your horn on-off again and again. This sure makes his/her blood boil.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home