Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Taken

I contemplated a little when one of my colleagues handed me the "Taken" DVD, he specifically tell me to watch it before going to Paris. The rest of the colleagues parroted in French accent, “Taxiz isz veryz expensivez inz Parisz, wantz toz share?” it was followed by roar of laughter. I wondered why they burst into laughter but anyway, one of the concerned colleagues told me to beware, not to share taxi with any strangers. And so I nodded. Apparently, I wasn’t intrigue by the plot and 100% not enthusiastic about the movie when I peer at the casts list. Liam Neeson, the lead actor is old enough to be my grandpa, I thought.

The DVD was in my bag for the entire last week and I watched it once in the car, but it was kind of jerky (you should know why) and hence, I chucked it aside until my colleague reminded me again to watch it, then I finally screened it on our TV and watched it with Kevin.

Guess what?

The movie blown me away!

Maybe, to begin with, I watched this movie with no expectation and had no idea about the synposis, and to my astonishment, it turned out to be a brillant movie which I haven't seen in the past few years. Although there are some loop holes in the movie, but who cares? I have to admit that I am an action flick junkie and this one has some American humour peppered throughout the show and I LOVE American humour, better than French (I personally think).

Liam Neeson is simply perfect, maybe I am a mother and hence I can feel for him in the movie for the fact that his daughter was kidnapped and he had to get her back within 96 hours.

I give the movie 8 out of 10 stars!

Watch it!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger KooshKing said...

"I will look for you, I will find you. And I will kill you." *lol*

7:48 AM  
Blogger Cel said...

GOOF LUCK!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home