Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rambling entry

Recently I took a break from Ziv and strolled along Orchard Road. The queue outside Louis Vuitton seemed to scream, "FREE BAGS, FREE BAGS". It's hard to fathom the mentality of these people queuing. What's the big deal? You mean you queue and you only have to pay half the price of a bag?

I walked to Chanel instead, which was just opposite of LV. And deeply regretted. Cause I found a new target in 'life'. A teeny wenny sized bag which cost $3500++. I stood in front of the mirror, having the coveted bag across my shoulder, I stared at my reflection, puffing up with pride. The bag was PERFECT! While I was imagining where I can go with the bag, a humdrum nagging interrupted my thoughts. Kevin.

I say, If cars are the wives of these clueless men, then bags are the boyfriends of us women. The more the merrier!

Guys... guys... they simply have no inkling of what bags means to us. Bags means
1) envious stares from fellow IT bags "worshipers",
2) where-the-hell-do-you-get-it-from face when they saw your limited edition bags,
3) such expensive bag you have remarks
4) mine is more expensive than yours look
etc...

In short... PRIDE. (AKA Hao Lian - Hokkien)

Ok, its sad to say that I am in my late twenties and still so childish. But I am frank enough to say that this is what I think, or else, why do people splurged on a $3000 bag, don't tell me they last longer? The quality? Complete nonsense! I am sure an Espirit bag can serve you as long as a LV.

Nevertheless, who cares about Kevin's rambling, and I declared my new target to him. Its time perhaps to find a job that offers higher pay. As Rebecca Bloomwood (from Shopaholic series) once said something like this, "If you cannot minimized spending, then thrive to earn more money." Absolutely agree to that.

Oh, its Saturday, hand me my RECRUITMENT papers please.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home