Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bling Bling

Diamonds are every woman’s best friend. And I think, the bigger they are, the closer they are to the hearts of the women.

Callow me.

About 2 years ago, Kevin bought me a diamond ring 0.73 carat, for our wedding. And now, its time to upgrade. I have to upgrade the ring within 2 years in order to obtain a full value for trade-in and if I decided to only upgrade 2 years later, it will be about 40% of the price.

So whoever who knows how to do Math will obviously go for the upgrade within 2 years. Jewelers are smart. Why? The 0.73 carat diamond ring was bought at around $3600. It is natural for the next upgrade to be around 1 carat or around that size. And guess how much is that?

Size: 1.01 carat
Color: E (2nd best color of diamond)
Clarity: VS1
Whopping price of $11,575 (after discount)


I have got no choice, but to top up the remaining value and go for the upgrade.

When I trade-in my old diamond ring to the staff, she was looking at the dust and dirt accumulated in the ring. What to do? I am no tai-tai, I bath with that ring, clean poo with that ring, cook with that ring, sleep with that ring…

This is so far, the most expensive accessories I have on my body.

Side Note:
Clarity Scale:
Range 1: FL – Flawless, IF – Internally Flawless
Range 2: VVS1, VVS2 – Very Very Slightly Imperfect
Range 3: VS1, VS2 – Very Slightly Imperfect
Range 4: SI1, SI2 – Slightly Imperfect
Range 5: I1, I2, I3 – Imperfect

Color Scale:
Range 1: D, E, F – Colorless
Range 2: G, H, I, J – Near Colorless
Range 3: K, L, M – Faint Yellow
Range 4: … all the way till Z

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home