Friday, December 11, 2009

True meaning of Christmas

It feels happy to see and know that someone is happy for something you did to them.

This Christmas is probably the last Christmas that R is going to spend in Singapore. After working for almost 2 years in Singapore, he will probably be back to the States and perhaps not coming back to Asia within the next few years. Knowing that to send them a present in future is no longer like, ‘here you go’, ‘are you in the office? ‘ or ‘can I drop by?’, I took the opportunity to send someone to deliver an early surprise to him today. A wine hamper with 2 glasses, one for him, one for his wife whom I think is one of the nicest people in my previous company.

Although I don’t get to see R’s reaction when he received the hamper but I can sense his exhilaration through his voice. Christmas season is about love, care and compassion, even if there is no return to your giving in terms of physical gifts, it will still send a heartfelt smile to your face and warm up your heart.

Well, to me, seeing them happy is already the best return gift from them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

My exact sentiments. If only some others could understand the meaning of Xmas and not harp at childish tantrums. Sigh.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home