Monday, November 23, 2009

The Active Movement

I have to admit that I was never inspired to be sporty or categorized as a sport enthused. I don’t take pleasure in swimming mainly because I had aquaphobia and do not know how to swim. Recently, I have seen a whole new different meaning in swimming and I ‘swim’ with unvarnished brio.

I have been really active these days (and I wonder how long it will last), maybe the 3 layers of flab that surrounded my used to be 24inch waist tells me ‘it’s time to stop being a couch potato’, maybe under the influenced of my colleague who always go kickboxing during lunch time, maybe I should lead a healthy lifestyle once again. And almost certainly, I have to ensure that I fit into my red tight-fitting H&M dress without showing any excess fats!

It started with me trying to get Kevin to do some exercise by accompanying him to the pool. Sluggish people like him love to give craps for not exercising and hence, I thought of a way to make him MOVE a little. I tricked him to teach me swim and eventually I tell him to swim himself while I practice on my own. From there, he starts to swim again. It is good to see him exercise once again, especially after trying so many times to get him to run, to walk around our estate.

Soon, I started to develop a wee-bit of interest in swimming. And I started learning it. Now, my exercise regime has extended to even working hours. I tried to attend aerobic and yoga class 1 to 3 times a week and after work, I will swim at home for about 3 to 4 times a week depending if I attended any class during office hour.

Baking on one of the weekend is part of my exercise routine because it burns fats too! Two weeks ago was cup cakes and last week was the Subway style cookies. The downside of baking? You get to load back all the calories burned by eating what you bake!

More pictures of my cookies in the next post.

P.S: I mean swimming in water, not MJ, I mean it, OK.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

remember to post photos of your trusty float too. :p

10:47 AM  
Blogger Cel said...

obviously trying to 'hide' my laziness from the media is almost impossible. and yes, i told myself, in order to learn one thing lesser and to be less muscular than the national swimmer, i decided to swim with a striking yellow board. and may I add, damn, it makes my legs work harder.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home