Friday, April 29, 2005

Dilemma

I have been down in the dumps lately. Nothing can really lift me up except Kevin and Bird Nest. Ok and Coby. Something happened @ work, but I did learn some painful and yet meaningful lessons from the happening. Firstly, I learn that people look at me as a UNIQUE case @ work. Secondly, the society is fucked up. Thirdly, this incident actually spotlighted the characters of many people whom I thought I know. I will not elaborate further on the 3 things but it is about being fed up with the company’s policy!

It seems to me no one can relate to what I am feeling so I decided to talk to a friend. He is a poly friend of mine, Gavin. He is very sympathetic towards me, and I didn’t know we are suffering from the same problem @ work. He knows what I am actually experiencing because we are both poly students. No one understands the frustration I faced, except a poly grad like him. That is so comforting to be understood rather than be misunderstood.

Both of us are the victims of the company’s so-called policy plus we are not valued for our expertise, btw, we are working in the same company except different branch. Anyway, I am in a dilemma of whether I should quit my job and after much advice from Kevin perhaps I should continue working however, that doesn’t mean I agree with the fucked up policy.
I still think that greatness lies not in being having high educational level, but in the right use of people for the right work.

My previous post was about job achievement and that spirit is definitely not dampened by what I have been through recently. And here is a quote by Franklin D Roosevelt which I totally have the same opinion:
"Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. The joy and moral stimulation of work no longer must be forgotten in the mad chase of evanescent profits. These dark days will be worth all they cost us if they teach us that our true destiny is not to be ministered unto but to minister to ourselves and to our fellow men."

I figured what I should do now is to wait for an opportunity to move on. Let me quote again from Albert Einstein,
“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”
Here I am, waiting for the right time to move on. :P

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home