Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Lost Game

Heartrending was the only word that could precisely describe my feeling after the match between Japan and Paraguay. I was left speechless, disconsolate after the game. Japan lost not because of their incompetency, not because of their height, not because of anything, but luck is simply not by their side. Sadness is written all over the players’ faces and likewise the coach and the other team members. Some cried.



I followed the Japan matches closely, regardless if it happened at 2:30am. And I watched those guys played from their first match to their last. And I have to say, I am proud of them, they came a long way, and I felt it was so wrong that they lost the game because of penalty kick. My friend told me to wait for the next World Cup, but how many 4 years can a football player have? Who can confirm that Honda will play for the next World Cup? Who can say that there will be a best combination for the team for the next World Cup? The answer is obviously NO.



I was particularly cheesed off before the penalty kick when the commentator remarked that Hasebe needed a translator to understand the referee. Doesn’t the commentator know that Hasebe is a player for the Vfl Wolfsburg, which is a German professional football club since 2008 and so what makes the commentator thinks that he needs a translator for simple English.



There's nothing left for me in this World Cup. Or perhaps, there's still Brazil.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home