Friday, June 25, 2010

World Cup 2010 - Japan

It is during the half time of Japan vs Denmark match that I decided to blog. Am in a relaxed mood now, because Japan is leading by two goals. TWO WONDERFUL GOALS, may I assert. Free kick goals, one of them by Honda. I have to admit that was the nicest shot ever in this World Cup.

I am always proud of being an Asian and I can blatanly affirmed that I have never attempted to pull off a ABC by yakking queer accents. I know alot of people do that and I can never tolerate that sort of self denial act. Alas, I realized that there is an increasing number of Singaporeans like to speak with certain accents with their limited vocabulary. All I can say is, sorry dearies, speaking with limited vocabulary doesn't qualify you to be a blonde or bring you to a different status. You are only degrading yourself and displaying your low self esteem as someone who refused to accept who you are. Sad and pathetic isn't it?

Back to the topic of football, I support Asia teams, by and large. Because I hope for the world to see that football is NOT a game that is strictly dominated by the Westerns, and Asians, given the disadvantage in termss of their height, size and experience are still able to perform and score better than the English league or international players. And as I always remember, undisputingly, football was first invented by the Chinese back in China, and hence, all the more, we, Asians must display to the world that we can tackle a ball just as well as any other players, because we INVENTED it!

Of course, having Japan, N Korea or S Korea to enter to the world cup was already a dream came true for me, and perhaps to get into the final 8 of world cup may deem tough at this point of time. But I verhemently believed that time will change, and with that, and I hope to see more Asian teams such as China to get into world cup and go into the finals.

My fave players from the Japan team. (Photos obtained from FIFA website)

Eiji KAWASHIMA - the goal keeper, it is a pleasure to see him catching all the balls, I rarely see him miss a ball.


Keisuke HONDA - the star player of the team who scores twice for Japan for this world cup.


Makoto HASEBE - eye candy and I am not ashamed to say that. The captain for Japan.


The match hasn't end. And I am hopeful.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home